Support the Library
Join the Friends
Join The Friends
The Friends of the Flint Memorial Library, Inc. is a non-profit 501 (c) 3 group of volunteers consisting of individuals, families, and businesses.
- We support programs and materials for the library that are beyond the scope of the town budget
- We promote the library as an educational, technical and cultural center of our town
Join the Friends (link to membership form)
What the Friends support :
- Programs for children and teens including the summer reading programs, Music with Dara, Special Teen Programs, School Vacation Programs, Regular Reader Club, and Dads and Donuts.
- Programs for Adults such as North Reading Reads, authors and other speakers, several book sales a year, workshops and art contests and receptions
- Museum passes such as The Peabody Essex Museum, Imajine That, The Boston Childrens’ Museum, the New England Aquarium, and the deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum, Zoo New England, Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, and Massachusetts Parks Pass
- Technology and equipment purchases including Kindle and Nook e-book readers and e-books, a license for showing movies, Constant Contact for staff contact and newsletters to patrons, Wowbray weekly listing and review of new purchases, and additional DVDs
How the Friends fund their programs
- Membership dues go a long way towards supporting our programs and purchases
- Two major book sales a year, a few children’s book sales, and online sales from Big Hearted Books
- Online purchases made via a link to Amazon , which returns a small percent as a donation to the Friends
- Business Friends fund special programs and donate goods for the library’s use and raffles
Volunteer time to help the Friends support the library
Book sale – help publicize the sale, sort books, setup and sell
Executive Board – come to meeting – listed on the Library’s Events Calendar – and help with publicity, the treasury, secretarial work, closer collaboration with schools, and planning programs
Refreshments – bring baked goods or finger food for evening programs and the bake sales
Encourage Businesses to support the library
Contact the Friends
Executive Board for July 2014 – June 2015
President: Danielle Masterson
Vice President: Karen Vitale
Treasurer and Book Sale Co-ordinator: Jean Osborn, 978-664-0516
Secretary: Claudette Thompson
Program Co-ordinator: Adrienne Callahan, 978-276-3135
Liaison to Trustees: Lorraine Sheehan
Members at Large: Juliet Askenase, Joanne Haley, Joanne White-Hayes, Richard Giordano, Linda Boniface
Friends of the Flint Memorial Library, Inc.
P.O. Box 576
North Reading, MA 01864-1458
Library Phone: (978) 664-4942 Fax: (978) 664-0812
Support the Friends
The Friends are offering two notecards, a watercolor, “When the Trolley Rolled Past the Flint” and a winter library scene. The watercolor was donated by local artist Don Doyle. A larger reproduction is also available. For more information about Don Doyle, please visit his website.
North Reading photographer Meg Robertson donated this winter library scene for a notecard. Meg’s favorite subject is the beauty of New England. She has shown her work and received awards at shows in the local area.
Prints and notecards are available for purchase at the Circulation Desk. Prices range from $6.00 for five notecards to $20.00 for a matted and framed print of Don Doyle’s watercolor. All proceeds go to support programs and materials for the library.
Book Bags are here! Support the Friends! Bags are $12.00 each. They make great gifts any time of year!